Facelift- Case 12Dr. John Burns, FACS
Facial aging can sometimes look like volume constriction and sagging. For women like this one, who are noticing hollowing and marked folds at the midface, a Lift and Fill facelift can help. Dr. Burns performed a Lift and Fill facelift with SMAS stacking and elevation and upper and lower eyelid lift. Dr. Burns harvested fat from the patient's thighs and waist to add volume back to her temples, lower eyelids, cheeks, and midface. Finally, she had laser resurfacing on her face and neck to brighten and smooth her skin texture and tone.
Her results are pictured 4 months following her surgery with Dr. Burns in his Dallas plastic surgery practice.
- Facelift Procedure Length: 3 hours
- Anesthesia: General (occasionally local with sedation for smaller procedures)
- In/Outpatient: Outpatient
- Side Effects: Temporary swelling, bruising, and some pain
- Recovery: Back to work with makeup: 1 week
- More strenuous activity: 2 weeks
- Final Facelift Appearance: 1-2 months for swelling to completely resolve
- Duration of Facelift Results: About 10 years