Facelift- Case 1Dr. John Burns, FACS
This patient had a standard facelift and neck lift Dr. Burns performed a lateral SMASectomy and elevation to raise her skin sag at the lower and midface. Neck and lower face liposuction was also performed to improve her facial contour.
Buccal fat removal gave her additional lower face contour while the SMAS stacking created a rejuvenated heart-shaped face. Her results are 4 months after facelift surgery in Dallas at Dr. Burns' plastic surgery practice.
- Facelift Procedure Length: 3 hours
- Anesthesia: General (occasionally local with sedation for smaller procedures)
- In/Outpatient: Outpatient
- Side Effects: Temporary swelling, bruising, and some pain
- Recovery: Back to work with makeup: 1 week
- More strenuous activity: 2 weeks
- Final Facelift Appearance: 1-2 months for swelling to completely resolve
- Duration of Facelift Results: About 10 years