Dr. John Burns Covid-19 Practice Update Page
Update: June 18, 2020
We are living in an unprecedented time in our history with the recent Coronavirus/Covid-19 pandemic. The Texas governor has recently released some broad guidelines to re-open elective medical practices. In accordance with these guidelines, our practice will be open to patients and for procedures effective May 1, 2020. For the protection and safety of our patients and staff, we will be strictly following CDC guidelines. The following policies will apply:
All patients undergoing elective surgery with Dr. Burns will need to have a Covid-19 antigen test as part of their routine lab work. Dr. Burns' staff will assist you with obtaining your Covid-19 antigen test.
All persons will be screened upon arriving to the office
- You will be asked a series of questions and have your temperature taken
- Pre-screening may also be done prior to the appointment
- During this time we will have a strict no visitor policy EXCEPT for minors, post surgical patients requiring assistance, or a caregiver staying with you at our recovery hotel, The Cloister.
- All waiting rooms will be closed to maximize social distancing
- Everyone is expected to wear a mask covering both nose and mouth: both patients and office staff
- Please call our office at 214-515-0002 when you arrive to our office so we can show you directly back to our office
- All rooms and surfaces will be wiped down between patients
- Unnecessary magazines, brochures, etc. will not be utilized at this time
If you have any of the following please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment:
- Fever or Chills
- Shortness of breath, cough, or other respiratory symptoms
- Unexplained muscle aches
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Loss of taste or smell
- Extreme fatigue
- Age greater than 70: confused, dizzy, falls, mental status change
- Exposure to lab-proven COVID patient for more than five minutes, without personal protective equipment
Step 1: Contact Dr. Burns using the ONLINE consultation webpage form. Please include a brief description of the procedure(s) you are interested in and relevant photos. In most cases please include 3 views: front, oblique (half turn), and side view).
- Step 1a: Alternatively you can email Dr. Burns directly with photos and questions to the following email address: email@example.com
- Step 2: Dr. Burns will review your case including your past medical history and make recommendations. His office manager will also send a quote or cost estimate for the recommended procedure(s).
- Step 3: If requested Dr. Burns can call you and speak with you directly about your case.
- Step 4: Preliminary paperwork and scheduling if you decide to proceed.